lover, be careful, your tea is too hot
one day we'll decease and then we shall rot
the worms will devour our eyes and our hair
our dreams live no longer, thinner than air
we never did meet, I sawn't you again
I checked all the trains at a quarter to ten
no platform'd you in it, no luggage sat still
I waited and waited, but only until
the stationguard whistled, and then it was clear
our now had not come and nor were you here
forever is through, our tomorrows alight,
the mice darted over the train tracks all night
lover, amore, your tea remains hot
you told me you loved me and yet you prove not
I caught my plane home, alone with my sores,
you lingered in shadows and then you caught yours.
one day we'll decease and then we shall rot
the worms will devour our eyes and our hair
our dreams live no longer, thinner than air
we never did meet, I sawn't you again
I checked all the trains at a quarter to ten
no platform'd you in it, no luggage sat still
I waited and waited, but only until
the stationguard whistled, and then it was clear
our now had not come and nor were you here
forever is through, our tomorrows alight,
the mice darted over the train tracks all night
lover, amore, your tea remains hot
you told me you loved me and yet you prove not
I caught my plane home, alone with my sores,
you lingered in shadows and then you caught yours.
*pickled in espresso martini
No comments:
Post a Comment