Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stay and play.


Standing, saying nothing, just looking at each other. Just looking. The gazes, the pauses, the eye-wrapped gauzes. Cover me like a gift with your lanced glances, but not too tightly and not too forever. You know I have trouble breathing when you ask me where I am.

Stay, I say, stay and play. I'll do the chasing while you run away. We'll undo each other, the knots of time and of loss. Pretend to be my everything and I will smile, knowing that we'll die someday and I'll stay free.

Where ARE you,
you bark,
and I sink into the grass.

I like to move. I do return, but one day I'll not, and give you another knot, ready for someone else to tug at your ear. Hello, I'm here, come and peer.

Don't give me a watch because I'll never wear it, and don't ask me the date because I'll lie. The corridors are made for us with our futures in open diaries, to fill the time and space with airs and grace in our Converse and denim. We eat like vultures, love like germs. I wear a ribbon in my hair while I plot murder, say a prayer for a doomed bug. Churches are photographs waiting to happen.

Postcards are for the poets.

Play your part, I'm auditioning. Don't forget to speak up because sometimes I'm hard of hearing. I like to let the phone ring out in my hand, chirping earnestly, so write me some words or wrap me in your gauze. I may be hard of hearing but I know the love laws. When I don't speak, I have the most to say. Standing, saying nothing, just looking at you. Just looking, as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment